My coaching is focused on three main areas of transformation: professional, personal, and specialized coaching based on my training and the experience gained on my personal journey.
Professional – Leadership and Team
Leaders and leadership teams must always be learning, not just about their work, but about themselves. They need to be able to see needed change from a Strategic viewpoint, and then paint the vision for their team repeatedly. When working with leaders and their teams I use many of the tools I have access to as an Executive Director of The John Maxwell Team. These include working with teams using the new Maxwell Method of DISC, Workshops, Mastermind Groups and the Leadership Game and Communication Game. I also use CliftonStrengths (Gallup) assessment and Strengths Strategy Inc. tools. We find the ‘why’ behind the joys and frustrations of their work. Understanding one’s own strengths enables growth on a personal and professional level.
Transparency, understanding, and a no-judgement zone are essential to a strong team of leaders. Team building focuses on sharing and understanding each other’s strengths, creating transparency, and interdependence. Increasing a team’s synchronicity and engagement can be done in many ways. I listen to you, where you see the gaps that need to be filled, the direction you want your team to go and then I will create a custom package for you that will get your team and managers moving deeper into your vision.
Personal – Values
Personal coaching is rooted in finding your personal values and strengths. I work with you to identify your personal goals, and how to achieve them using their values and strengths. Knowing your own personal values opens up a path to a more purposeful life, with a clearer view of self which changes the way we make decisions, and see the world and ourselves. I have seen values awareness lead to self awareness which is transformational and leads to goal setting that is in sync with who you are. Goals which are set in this context are much more attainable and fulfilling. This is a life-changing process.
I use my training from CTI as the base of my personal coaching, and often pair strengths based coaching and values coaching for those looking to make changes, transitions, in both their personal and professional life.
Life sends us each down an interesting, often winding path, yet our personal path enables us to pass our experience onto others. My path has given me experience and specialties in working with corporations and smaller companies, those in transition, marriage and divorce, and with parents of disabled or complex children. Having 2 sons who are millennials has given me insight, and the opportunity to coach many. My specialized coaching allows me to share my experience, sometimes in a coaching and mentoring blend.
- I have been through many transition periods in my life, and know the negatives and positives that come with each forward movement. I coach through the ups and downs of a transition, while always helping my clients honor and understand themselves.
- I work with couples to create a marriage alliance, which is a way of creating a formal partnership and increasing communication for any stage of a committed relationship.
- As a parent of a child with Asperger’s syndrome, I also know that parents need specialized tools and understanding that can be offered through coaching to not only help their child, but to help their family as a whole.
- Having young adult children now has uniquely informed my work with millennials. They are ready and eager to know themselves and make the changes that lead to forward movement, quickly.
- I’ve been through divorce after a long marriage, and a wonderful remarriage. The blending of lives and families is a unique task, and when I work with individuals or couples confronting these situations I walk with them into their uncharted territory.
- I taught in the Women’s Ministry of my large church for 18 years, so am uniquely experienced as I lead the Maxwell Method of Speaking Club. Fear of public speaking is listed as either 1 or 2, right up there with fear of death!
- My decade long role as one of the top Mortgage Bankers in the country informs and gives context as I work with Leaders, Managers and Team members. To have a job one loves going to every day is basic to self-fulfillment and engagement. I’ve experienced this, and now have the tools to help others ‘hit the high note’ in their career.